Uncategorized Assignments and Non-Campus Assignment Defaults
Assignments received from an outside program arrive in Campus without categories or grading alignments. Teachers must select categories and grading alignments for scores and grades to report correctly in Campus.
Connections to outside programs (such as Google Classroom or Schoology) are established and managed by your district. Assignments are added to Campus as determined by the outside program. For example, some programs allow teachers to trigger sending assignments to Campus, while others perform a nightly sync. Your district will provide guidance regarding when uncategorized assignments must be addressed.
Assignments can be aligned after they have been received through the Uncategorized Assignments list or aligned by default based on settings in the Non-Campus Assignment Defaults tool.
For those unfamiliar with Campus:
- Grading tasks are items to which teachers post grades for report cards, such as "Quarter 1," "Final Grade," or "In-Progress Grade." Tasks are created by your district.
- by teachers or your district. are folders that assignments are sorted into, such as "Homework," "Tests," or "Formative." Categories can be created
- Grading Tasks and Standards must be created by the district before they are accessible to teachers.
- Assignments in Campus can only have a whole number for Points Possible. Assignments with decimal value for points possible will be rounded down when received into Campus.
Updating Uncategorized Assignments
PATH: Campus Instruction > Grade Book > Uncategorized Assignments
To select categories and grading alignments for these assignments, click the Uncategorized Assignments button in your grade book.
Uncategorized assignments need categories and grading alignments.
Select a Standard/Grading Task and Category for each assignment or use the fill option:
- Select the Standard/Grading Task and Category to apply to assignments.
- Mark the checkbox to the left of each assignment to update.
- Click Fill Selected. The Standard/Grading Task and/or Category is added to selected assignments. Any existing selections are overwritten.
Click Save All. Once assignments have category and scoring alignments, they are removed from this list and the number in the orange counter goes down.
Setting Non-Campus Assignment Defaults
PATH: Campus Instruction > Grade Book > Settings > Non-Campus Assignment Defaults
To set default category and standard/task alignments for assignments received from an outside program, open Non-Campus Assignment Defaults from the Settings menu of the Grade Book.
Set assignment defaults by section.
Select the Default Category and Default Standard/Grading Task from the dropdown list and click Save.
Defaults are applied to all assignments received for that section. Use the Section dropdown at the top of the Grade Book to set defaults for all sections.
Once assignments are aligned (either manually or by default), they are visible in the Grade Book with scores received from the outside program. Dropped and Missing flags may populate, depending on which outside program you're syncing from.
Most assignment details are not editable in Campus. Scores and flags can be modified in Campus, but be aware that changes in Campus may be overwritten if you sync with the outside program again.
Assignments are visible to parents and students as soon as they are received from the outside program.
A student's In-Progress grade is updated and score and grade notifications are sent through Campus Parent and Campus Student when an assignment is aligned, whether manually through the Uncategorized Assignments list or automatically through Default settings.