Mass Import Student Photos
Path: System Administration > Student > Photo Import
The Photo Import tool is used to import pictures into Campus to be displayed on the student summary tabs, attendance rosters and seating charts, and on the mobile interface. The photos must be in JPG format and saved as a group in a ZIP file.
The Photo Import can be set to a variety of modes depending on how the images are named in the ZIP file. Mixed mode may be used if a combination of student numbers and PersonID’s are used in the ZIP file; however, the system will not import the photo if it cannot be clearly associated with a person in the database.
Selecting the wrong mode will cause images to be matched to the wrong person in the database.
Photo Import is a server intensive process and should not be done when there are a large number of users or processes occurring during the school day.
- Select the appropriate Mode for uploading student pictures.
- Click the Browse button to find the student picture zipped file. Follow the steps provided in the pop-up windows for finding and adding a file.
- Once the file has been added, click the Upload button to upload the pictures
The following are general guidelines for uploading pictures:
- Uploading pictures in batch will only accept ZIP files.
- Logic used to match student numbers will ignore leading zeros on student numbers.
- All images are resized to the system default before being stored.
- The upload file size default is set at 3 MB. The recommended individual file size is 30-35 KB.
- The file structure of the ZIP file will not matter.
- Unsafe files are not extracted (.exe, .dll, .com, etc.).
- A status report is displayed once the image processing is complete which lists the student names/file names of loaded images, corrupt zip entries and unmatched images.
- When using the Mixed Mode, be aware of the following:
- If the image file can be uniquely identified with a person, it will be accepted.
- If two students have the same first/last name the file will not be accepted.
- If a numbered (2.jpg) file is both a student number and a personID, the file will not be accepted.
- If a district has more than one application server for Campus, the distribution and display of pictures may take up to 24 hours to reach each server.