View Online Assessment Performance by Item
PATH: Campus Instruction > Reports > Online Assessment Item Analysis Report
The Online Assessment Item Analysis Report details item performance. The data reported varies by Item Type. Select individual items in the extract editor for inclusion in the report.
Use this report to determine if any items are particularly difficult for students, or if they are excelling at others.
Image 1: Item Analysis Report
The following information reports based on the Item Type selected:
Reports two graphs, one for Points/Marks and one for Rubrics, both of which show the number of students who earned each score.
Multiple Choice - Single Correct
All possible responses include totals of how often that option was chosen expressed as raw counts, percentages and a bar graph.
Correct and incorrect responses are totaled and expressed as raw counts, percentages and a bar graph.
Responses are totaled and expressed as raw counts, percentages and a bar graph.
Generating the Item Analysis Report
- Select Online Assessment Item Analysis from the Report dropdown list.
- Select the Term and Section for which you want to view missing assignments.
- Select the Assignment for which to report item data. Only Assignments with Assessments enabled that have student responses appear in the dropdown list. Once an Assignment is selected, a list of the items in that assessment displays.
- Indicate if Item Standards should be included in the report. When this option is selected, a list of standards aligned to individual test items is listed after the Item Analysis graph, as in Image 2.
- Indicate which Item Type should appear in the list below.
- Unmark the checkbox for any Items that should not be included in the report. Click the Item ID hyperlink to view the details of the item.
- Scroll to the top of the screen and click Generate Report to view the item analysis in PDF format.
At the top of the generated report, a header displays with the Calendar and School information and basic assignment information, including Course, Section, Teacher, Assignment and Dates.
Analysis for each item displays individually with the correct response indicated and the following information:
- Skipped: The number of times the test item was skipped.
- P-Value: The number of correct responses divided by the total number of responses.
- #: The number of times each response was chosen and the total number of responses to the item.
- %: The percent of times each response was chosen.
- bar graph: Expresses visually the number of times each response was chosen.
Image 2: Essay Item Analysis
Image 3: Multiple Choice Item Analysis
Image 4: Short Answer Item Analysis
Image 5: True/False Item Analysis