Minnesota Student Transportation
PATH: Student Information > General > Transportation
The student Transportation tab provides a space for users to store a student's transportation information. From here, users are able to define a student's bus stop(s), bus(es) used during the school day, typical arrival and departure times and the amount of miles transported per day.
Information on this page relates to Minnesota districts only. All other users should see the Student Transportation page for information.
Image 1: Student Transportation Tab
State Reporting Transportation Modifications
Due to the modifications made to the Student Transportation tab (see Release Notes for 1027 Release Pack), modifications were made to the MARSS B File.
District-defined Elements have not been modified as part of this enhancement.
Additional information on the MARSS Extract is available on the Minnesota Localizations page.
Transportation and Enrollment Modifications
The following fields report transportation data on the MARSS B File:
- (15) LST_LOC_ATT
- (16) STS_END
- (34) TRA_CAT
- (39) TRA_DST_NUM
- (40) TRA_DST_TYE
The following scenarios will trigger the creation of a new MARSS B record. A record will be reported per enrollment per calendar.
- A split on an enrollment will cause a new enrollment record. A split is caused by a change in Resident District (LST_LOC_ATT = 23; STS_END = 99); a split caused by a change in State Aid Category (LST_LOC_ATT =24; STS_END = 99); or a split caused by a change in Special Education (LST_LOC_ATT = 24; STS_END = 50)
LST_LOC_ATT = 23 will always trump 24; STS_END = 50 will always trump 99.
- A transportation status within the date range of an enrollment will cause a new enrollment record (LST_LOC_ATT =24; STS_END = 99). If the Transportation Category = 03, STS_END =50.
The following changes have been made:
- The Transportation Category and the Transporting District fields have been moved from the student Enrollment record to the Student Transportation record. Existing data will be converted if a student has data on the transportation tab with a start date for the most recent enrollment start date in that calendar for each calendar in which there is transportation data for that student. If the student has multiple enrollments, the district will need to create additional records as necessary. If a student does not have data in these fields, no record will be converted.
- The Transportation Category and the Transporting District fields will be visible on the student Enrollment record in a read-only format.
- TRA_CAT will be reported from the student's Transportation tab. If this field is null or no status is found, the value in that field will be reported from the enrollment record.
- TRA_DST_NUM will report the first four characters from the student's Transportation tab. If this field is null or no status is found, the value in that field will be reported from the Transportation Category on the student's enrollment record.
- TRA_DST_TYE will report the last two characters of the Transporting District value from the student's Transportation tab. If this field is null or no status is found, the value in that field will be reported from the Transporting District field on the student's enrollment record.