Push to Sections
The Push to Sections option pushes grading setup from a course to its sections.
Districts should use caution pushing changes to sections once classes are in session as changes may affect grade calculations.
Use the Push to Section option to push grading setup data to a course's sections.
Pushing Grading Setup Data
- Click Push to Sections.
- In the pop-up that opens, Categories, Composite Grades, and Grade Calc Options are selected by default. Unselect any course data you don't want to push.
- Sections to be updated are listed in the pop-up with their teachers.
- Click Push to update sections with grading data from the course.
- If a category pushed from a course and a category created by the teacher in the section have the same name, the teacher's category is appended with (1) to distinguish it from the category from the course.
- Categories pushed to sections are locked from editing by teachers.
- Be aware that changes to calculations in Grade Calc Options and Composite grading may result in changes to students' grades once classes are in session.