Find and Fill Gap in Individual Student's Schedule with User-Selected Course
Path: Student Information > General > Schedule > Walk In Scheduler
When scheduling students, it may not be possible to fulfill all requests. This results in the need to manually fill the empty holes in the schedule.
- Select the period for which to add sections by clicking on the hyperlinked word Empty.
- When this is done, the right-hand side of the screen will provide a search screen. The term and period search fields will be entered by default, and matching course sections will appear in the search results area.
- Sections listed in red indicate that the section exists during the selected time, but it is at capacity.
- This may also indicate that the student has a student-to-student constraint in the section. If the constraint is "strict" the students may not be placed in the same section. If the constraint is not marked as non-strict, the student may be placed in the section only if there are no other course section options available.
- Select the desired section from the search results. The selected section will appear in the student’s schedule grid.