Naiku Assessments in Assignments
PATH: Campus Instruction > Grade Book or Planner > Assignment > For Students > Naiku
If enabled by the district, teachers have the options of administering Naiku assessments through assignments. Assessments created in Naiku are aligned in the For Students section of assignments. Students take assessments through Campus Student.
Click Naiku in For Students to align an assessment.
Configuring Campus for Naiku
Naiku must be purchased and configured at the district level before teachers can integrate assessments with assignments.
Prior to teachers integrating Naiku assessments with assignments, a district must contact Naiku directly to purchase services, and then request configuration from Campus:
- District purchases services directly from Naiku and receives the following:
- Public URL
- District creates a case with Campus Support and includes these three items.
- Campus configures the district's instance of Campus to enable Naiku (within 4 business days).
- District gives teachers tool rights to Naiku. Teachers will need to opt-in to the 17-18 free trial of Campus Learning to use Naiku in Campus.
- Teachers at the district can now align Naiku assessments with assignments!
Note that a district must also enable Campus Student to implement Naiku assessments.
Aligning an Assessment
- If Naiku has been enabled by your district, click Naiku in the For Students section of an assignment.
- From the Naiku Detail, click Browse to open Naiku.
- In the modal that opens, select an existing assessment or create a new one in Naiku.
- A new assessment is aligned when you save it. To add an existing assessment, click the Name to the assessment and then Use this assessment in your external tool.
- The Resource Name field populates with the name of the assessment as entered in Naiku. Edit if desired.
- Student answers and scores are viewable through Naiku. If scores should be imported from Naiku into the Grade Book, select Accept Scores. If this checkbox is not marked, the teacher must enter scores manually.
- Click OK to align the assessment.
Align an existing assessment or create a new one.
Check out the Naiku Support Center for instructional content about creating and managing assessments.
Students must use Campus Student to access Naiku assessments.
Teachers can view the assessment in Naiku for real-time results as students take the assessment.
If Accept Scores is marked for the assessment, each student's score displays in the Grade Book once they've taken the assessment.
From the assignment detail, click the assessment name to view results in Naiku. Once all students have completed the assessment, close the assessment in Naiku to prevent students from continuing to access it.
View the assessment in Naiku by clicking on it in the assignment.
Considerations for Using Naiku Assessments
- The Naiku Support Center provides helpful instructions for creating and managing assessments.
- The district must purchase and configure Naiku before assessments can be aligned to assignments.
- The district must enable Campus Student for students to access aligned assessments.
- Assignments with Naiku assessments cannot currently be copied or shared through the Curriculum Library.
- The Grade Book must be set up (include Categories and Grade Calc Options) prior to aligning Naiku assessments.