This functionality is only available to customers who have purchased Campus Point of Sale as add-on functionality.
PATH: Point of Sale > Administration > Terminals
The Terminals tool contains system information and settings for all Point of Sale terminals within a district. It also contains system information related to Cafeteria Serve and Class Serve functionality.
See the Point of Sale Best Practices information for the preferable setup of terminals.
The Terminal Editor displays at-a-glance system information for each terminal within a district.
The Terminal editor indicates a terminal's current operating status. The columns on this editor contain the following information:
The colored dot to the left of the POS terminal name indicates whether or not it is currently connected to the network:
The color of the POS terminal name indicates whether or not it is currently active. Active/inactive terminals are set by marking/unmarking the Active checkbox of the Terminal Detail editor.
Last IP Address
IP address of terminal as last reported to Campus.
Messages waiting to be sent to the terminal from the Campus application server (e.g., enrollment updates, account changes).
Messages to be sent to the Campus application from the terminal (e.g., POS Data Reload command).
When a terminal is made active/inactive, the numbers shown in the Events and Responses columns may fluctuate as messages are delivered/queued. However, during a regular terminal operation, values in these columns should be at or near zero.
Types of Terminal Entries
The following types of entries will appear in the Terminal Editor list:
- POS Terminals -- The majority of entries will be standard terminal entries, representing actual POS terminals used to process food service transactions. These entries are created by the district.
- Cafeteria Serve -- A terminal will exist to represent Cafeteria Serve functionality, though an actual POS terminal is not used. This entry is built-in by Infinite Campus.
- Class Serve -- A terminal will exist to represent Class Serve functionality, though an actual POS terminal is not used. This entry is built-in by Infinite Campus.
- Server -- A terminal will exist to represent the Campus application, though an actual POS terminal is not used. This entry is built-in by Infinite Campus.
All entries on the Terminals tool are used in reporting. The entry of these three items allows reports to indicate where/how a transaction occurred. Reports will indicate if a transaction has occurred as part of Cafeteria/Class Serve functionality,through manually adjustment of a patron's Journal tab (indicated by the Server type), or through an actual POS terminal.
Terminal Detail Editor
The Terminal Detail appears when an existing terminal is selected or when the New icon is selected.
Terminal Detail Editor
Adding a New Terminal
When adding a new terminal is applicable (e.g., when an actual POS terminal is configured for use):
- Select the New icon from the action bar. A Terminal Detail editor will appear to the right.
- Enter the Name of the terminal. Terminal names must be unique (duplication is not allowed).
Select the School(s) for which the terminal will be used.
The School selected in this field determines the patrons who appear for processing on the terminal. The School also appears on reports.
- Mark the Active checkbox if the terminal will be used. A terminal should NOT be made active (i.e., the Active checkbox should not be marked) until it is had been configured and is ready to receive/load student data from the Campus application. The Active checkbox will be automatically marked if a POS Data Reload is requested from the terminal. The Server, Cafeteria Serve and Class Serve terminals will not have the Active checkbox selected.