PATH: Census > People > FS Deposit
This functionality is only available in districts that have purchased Campus Point-of-Sale as add-on functionality.
The FS (Food Service) Deposit screen allows a district to enter new deposits, void existing deposits and review account balances for a patron with a POS account. In general, this tool is used for a district or school staff member whose account is not attached to a household record in Campus.
Deposits for student patrons should be handled through the Household FS Deposits tool, which allows a deposit to be dispersed among various members of a household.
View Existing Deposits
The FS Deposit tab is designed for making and tracking individual deposits to food service accounts. Deposits made through the Household FS Deposits tool will show the amount of the deposit specifically allocated to the account being viewed (e.g., if a household deposit of $100 is split between two patrons, this tool will only show the $50 applied to this account).
This tool will only display deposit transactions. For a complete summary of all account activity (e.g., deposits, purchases, adjustments), please view the account Journal tool.
Individual FS Deposit Tab
The following fields are available on this tab:
Date for which the deposit should be recorded.
The amount to be deposited.
This field will auto-populate with the value "Office Payment" when the deposit is made through this tool. If the deposit has been made by a parent/student through use of the Portal Payments tool, this field will indicate that the payment was made "Online."
Payment method used for the deposit: Cash, Check/eCheck or Credit/Debit Card. When "Check/eCheck" is selected, the Check Number field will appear. If "Credit/Debit Card" is selected, the Reference Number field will appear.
This field only appears when the Payment Method selected is "Check/eCheck." This field should contain the number of the check.
This field only appears when the Payment Method selected is "Credit/Debit Card." This field should contain the credit/debit card number.
User-entered details on the deposit that will display in the Description column of the Deposits Detail editor of each member's individual account information.
The location at which the deposit was entered. This droplist is populated with items created on the Payment Location tool.
Do Not Accept Check
An checkmark in the Do Not Accept Check box indicates a NSF(No Sufficient Funds) Block has been set for the patron, indicating that the district has had to collect money from this patron. This is a visual flag to warn staff members not to accept checks from this person.
A checkmark for patrons in this area does not prevent check deposits. An alert will appear to the staff member attempting to deposit a check for a "blocked" patron, but that staff members may still click the OK button to bypass the warning and continue depositing the check. NSF blocks are office alerts only and do not appear to cashiers processing meal purchases.
Create a New Deposit
- Select the New Deposit icon. A New Deposit Detail table will appear.
- The deposit Date will be auto-filled with the current date, but may be adjusted, as necessary.
- Enter the Payment Amount. This dollar amount can be entered in whole or dollar/cent values (e.g., 100 or 100.00).
- Select the Payment Type. When ”Check” is selected, a field for the Check Number is required. When “Credit Card” is used, a field for the Reference Number is required.
- Enter any relevant Comments for this deposit.
- Select a Payment Location.
- Click the Save icon when finished. The new deposit will be listed in the Deposit History editor.
Creating a New Deposit
Void a Deposit
- Click on the deposit that should be voided in the Deposit History editor.
- Click the Void Transaction icon from the action bar. The Deposit Void editor will appear.
- Select the Reason for Void.
- Add comments in the Description field. These will display as the transaction label in the Deposit History editor.
- Click Save.
Voiding a Transaction
The void and original transactions will both display in red text:
To view documents, click the. Users with the appropriate tool rights may also complete the following tasks.
- Upload Documents
- Delete Documents
- Replace Documents
- Edit a Document Name or File Description
- Download Documents