Add Account (POS)
This functionality is only available to customers who have purchased Campus Point of Sale as add-on functionality.
PATH: Point of Sale > Add Account Wizard
The Add Account Wizard allows districts to add POS accounts for new students and families moving to the district. Accounts can be added by household or by person. The household or person must already exist in Campus before a POS account can be added for them.
This article describes the following tasks:
Users wanting to create person and family POS accounts en masse should use the Mass Account Creation Wizard.
Creating POS Accounts for a Person
Before an account can be created for a person, a search must be done to assist in locating the correct person as well as ensuring the person exists within Campus.
Searching for a Person
To search and begin creating an account for a person:
- Select the Person radio button.
- Enter at least the Last Name of the person. Additional search criteria may be entered within the available search fields.
- Select the Search button. People matching search criteria will appear in a window on the right.
- Select the person being assigned a new account.
The Account Creation screen displays.
Mark the checkbox next to person's name and select the Save button.
If an account already exists for the person, the following error displays: Unable to create accounts, because one or more of the selected individual already has a valid account.
Otherwise, if an account did not already exists, the Account Info tab displays. A new account has been created for the person and additional account information can be entered by selecting the Account and name of the user within the Account info window. See the Account Info article for more information about using the Account Info tab.
An Account PIN must be established before a patron can use a Point of Sale terminal.
Creating POS Accounts for a Household
Before family or individual accounts can be created for a household, a search must be done to locate the household and ensure the household exists within Campus.
Searching for a Household
- Select the Household radio button.
- Enter search criteria in at least one available search field.
- Select the Search button. Search results will appear in a window on the right.
- Select the household to create a household account. You will be directed to a new editor.
If individual accounts should be created for each selected person:
- Check the checkbox next to each person that should have an account created.
- Select the Individual radio button.
- Select the Save icon.
If a Family account should be created for the household:
- Check the checkbox next to each person who should be be tied to the household account.
- Select the Family radio button.
- Select the Save icon.
You will be directed to the Account Info tab.
New Family Account
A new account has been created for each person (or a Family Account has been created) and additional account information can be entered by selecting the Account and name of the user within the Account info window. See the Account Info article for more information about using the Account Info tab.
In the example above, a family account was created which only includes Ernie and Kermit for the Teststudent household.